Extremely good arguement
Posted by Gimwinkle
on Saturday, June 16 2018 at 0:01:43PM
However, if I may contend...
- We have Alpha, the super bad and evil guy, about to get blown up by hand grenade.
- We have Beta, the beloved little girl, about to get blown up by hand grenade.
- We have Gamma, someone I've never seen before, about to get blown up by hand grenade.
- I choose to not throw myself on the hand grenade to save Alpha's life so I run like hell.
- I choose to throw myself on the hand grenade to save the pretty little girl's life.
- I choose to puzzle about the values of my life versus Gamma's life. We both get blown up.
These cases are the result of my selfish decision. I want
Alpha to die. I want
Beta to live (why???) I have no preconceived notion about Gamma and, thus, cannot make an instant decision.